Don’t call it engagement, it’s just a conversation.
Thanks to social media now we are connected around the world. We are able to shrink distances and be more informed.
Social media keeps changing constantly. People used to post only photos and brands only ads, but today social media platforms had become an awesome tool to reach your customer in their own space, making you able to boost your brand awareness and increase your revenue. However, you have to evolve at the same pace as they do or you will stay behind.
This means that you have to use every single update on your social channel, but use it actively, be constant and creative.
This is the case of “LIVE VIDEO” which will be able to increase 6X your communications and feedback with your audience. Don’t worry if you haven’t used it yet, here are some tips:
- Start now, you don’t have to be perfect or own an expensive equipment, your cell phone will do a good job.
- Have a plan or a topic related to your business and to be covered during your live video.
- Let your audience know in advance when you’re going to be live and what you will talk about.
- Good light and sound are key, so be in front of a window and use your mic (the ones from you earplugs will work).
- If you’ll be using any prop or you’ll be doing a tutorial, have everything ready in advance, this way you don’t have to be out of the camera.
- Show the essence of your business, that means who you are? what do you do? and how you do it?.
- Be yourself and genuine.
Remember that your audience wants to see the real person behind that business. They are looking for someone to relate to and someone to trust.
Why is this important to your business?
I have simple answers:
- People buy from whom they trust and their experiences.
- They want to be able to reach and talk about the product and how it can be used.
- They are looking for a solution to problems.
Live video is just important because people won’t buy if they don’t see how it works or it looks. When you are capable to show them your product in real life, using it and solving a simple problem with them you are making connections. You are at the first step of creating conversations about it.
Conversational marketing is part of our daily routine but it will be also the future of businesses, without that communication with costumers your sales might get compromised.
Social media is the best way to make this happen, so create live experiences, share value, communicate, care and help your audience. Be trustworthy.
Change your point of view and embrace the future.