LET'S TALK ABOUT UX!
Do you know why UX design is important for business platforms? If you already know us, you will know that we love to explain the why and what of everything that web development implies. We believe that this is the best way for companies to grow on a solid basis. so today we want to talk about UX design. It’s important
October 19, 2020
4 min read
Do you know why UX design is important for business platforms?
If you already know us, you will know that we love to explain the why and what of everything that web development implies. We believe that this is the best way for companies to grow on a solid basis. so today we want to talk about UX design.
It’s important to start by saying that there is no commonly accepted definition for UX design.
But according to a study by the Oxford Journal Interacting With Computers: “The goal of UX design in business is to "improve customer satisfaction and loyalty through the utility, ease of use, and pleasure provided in the interaction with a product."
Which in other words means that UX design is the process by which products are designed (digitally or physically) that are useful, easy to use, which are pleasant to use, among other qualities. It is about enhancing the user experience while interacting with a product.
We already mentioned that this applies to both digital and physical products, without a doubt both are extremely important, but everything that is digital design, since it cannot be touched, has to be really incredible for our client to live such a wonderful experience in the plane of the digital that really wants to acquire our product or service.
According to Laura Klein, Principal at Users Know, Author of UX for Lean Startups and Build Better Products: "UX Design always happens. Whether it's intentional or not, somebody makes the decisions about how the human and the product will interact. Good UX Design happens when we make these decisions in a way that understands and fulfills the needs of both our users and our business."
Generating UX design that really creates an enriching experience for users is not an easy task, and that is where designers should (in short) make 5 specific points that although they sound simple, they are loaded with a lot of work, knowledge and information:
None of these points can be skipped, and all must be done with a lot of work.
Having understood a little more about what UX design is, We want to give you the best practices when creating your platform:
- Focus on the User experience: we already talked about this at the beginning but we never get tired of repeating it, it is probably the most important thing. It may be that many people forget the data or information on your site, but they will never forget how you made them feel.
- Simple and Clear: This is what most users are always looking for. When a person enters a page for the first time, they make a first visual tour, we do not have to show everything at once, consider what your app or site can do to make it easier to use. Be aware of where the main buttons are (don't overcharge your page with buttons) so that people find it easy to find and navigate.
- Creative excess can be dangerous: There are common elements that are used over and over again because they have proven to be easy to use and useful. Making users think too hard to figure out your UI interface is not what you want.
- People always scan before reading: Infographics and images have become the path for anyone trying to convey instructions or data. they scan the information and only stop where they find something interesting, once they find it they take the time to read it!
- The hierarchy will never go out of style: Since the beginning of graphic design, the importance of hierarchy is something that continues to be taught, as it has to do with how people read and look at the information. This will change if we are in the East or the West and it is important to take that into account depending on our public, although the visual hierarchy of Western reading is the most used.
- And finally, don't forget the qualities of the experience:
- Useful – Content should be original and fulfill a need
- Usable – Site must be easy to find
- Desirable – Design elements bring about emotion and appreciation
- Findable – Content needs to be locatable and navigable offsite and onsite
- Accessible – Content needs to be accessible to people with disabilities
- Credible – Users must believe and trust what you tell them.
After reading this, it would be good if you did an analysis on the UX design of your platform!
If you have questions, you can always leave us your comment!